Mother Teresa House is a Catholic mission-based, non-profit home in Lansing, MI for terminally ill people in need of care. Mother Teresa House is not a facility, but a hospice house in a simple family home where we can care for up to three guests at a time. All are welcome at Mother Teresa House. Guests of any religious, social, or economic status are warmly welcome and their family and friends also find welcome. Priority is given to those in greatest need.
Mother Teresa House seeks a full-time Development Leader to raise awareness and sustainable financial support for its mission to serve terminally ill people and their families. Through this newly expanded position, and under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Development Leader will work closely with our Sustainability Team to build the key relationships that ensure that the mission of Mother Teresa House will be carried into the future.
The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of successful development experience and knowledge of the Benevon Model, displaying a total buy-in to its methods and best practices. The right candidate will be faith-motivated and energetic, enjoy interaction with people, and be extremely attentive to detail and follow up.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, executing our Benevon strategy for a large sustained base of pledged donors.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Organize and oversee events including point of entry events, and annual fundraiser.
- Manage the Bloomerang database and oversee data entry and gift processing.
- Oversee design and manage printed and electronic communications.
- Maintain and develop relationships and strategy for large base of annual donors.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Benevon model.
- Experience with Bloomerang or other fundraising databases.
- Experience in design or management of printed and electronic communications.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills, interpersonal communication, positive community relations.
Applications must include: Cover Letter, Resume and Salary History/Requirements
Send reply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org